Port Kennedy fire causes road closure
A bushfire burning in the eastern parts of Port Kennedy has caused road closures, with people asked to avoid the area.
Port Kennedy Drive between Ennis Avenue and Warnbro Sound Avenue has been closed.
Department of Fire and Emergency Services are on the scene and aerial support has been sent to assist ground crews.
There is currently no threat to lives or homes but there is a lot of smoke in the area.
The fire was reported at 11:10am this morning and started near the intersection of Port Kennedy Drive and Bakewell Drive in Port Kennedy.
What to do:
- Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
- Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
- Close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible.
- Read through your bushfire survival plan.
- If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails